22 January, 2013

Day 2 Trans Andes Challenge 2013

Bad day today...broke my derailleur and couldn't finish the stage. Greg went on. I've jury-rigged a repair so I can ride tomorrow.
It was an adventure of a different kind today; got a lift to the second camp and the road was blocked by a landslide...had to turn around and make a huge detour. My body is a bit stiff but otherwise fine. Not sure how much stamina I have in my legs though.
I'd stripped my derailleur hanger and my replacement was the wrong shape. Took 2 hours to figure out how to bolt a new derailleur to the old hanger. The service technician gave up right away...I finally got a bolt that would fit and convinced home it would work. Really used the old Kiwi ingenuity today.

Gregs race time 6.50.  Placed 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment