24 December, 2017

Lolly Leis

 Tighe has been asking for "something special" for Christmas.  As I am still recovering from surgery, I hoped these Lolly Leis would suffice. The urchins liked eating the candy.

 I got lots of different bags of mini candies, bounty, crunchie, picnic, flake, turkish delight, milky way, mars and mini chocolate bars.  Some of the urchins prefer Flakes, and others Cruchie, so I got 4 of their favourites, and then added random ones to make up 10.
I measured the cling wrap, out 1.5 m.
 10 pieces of assorted candy was evenly placed on the cling wrap, with gaps in between.
 Carefully fold over the clingwrap, and then roll the candy until they are all wrapped up.
 I would get my next row out, so I would have "double ups" of candy.
 Twist the wrap to make sure the candy is secured and wont slip out.
  Make a "tail" at both ends, for securing around the neck.
 Cut paper ribbon and tie between each candy.
 Two tails waiting to be tied.
 Tie the two tails together in a reef knot.

Trim, and tie paper ribbon to hide the knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment