28 November, 2014

Turkey Cake

Kelly asked me to make her a Turkey Cake for Thanksgiving this year.  She was happy for the turkey to be naked.  I knew Kelly loved Chocolate Cake, so I made 2 cakes, and carved them into a turkey shape.  I added the wings and drumsticks once they had been iced.
Using a plastic fruit bag, and Gina helped me stretch it over and onto the fondant icing to create the crinkled skin look.
 The bones are fondant with a skewer connecting them to the cake drumstick.
I used brown icing gel to give the turkey a "cooked look"
Detail of the wing and skin
At the Thanksgiving meal, I dressed the turkey in Rosemary, Sage, and Nasturtiums from Mama's garden.

The cake was stuffed with Candy Corns, which I got from the USA.  Kelly cried when she saw them, she hasn't had them since arriving in NZ.



No comments:

Post a Comment