30 January, 2015

Prime Minister, and Boyd's Beach

Anneke and Quinn were very excited after school.  Anneke told me that she saw the Prime Minister today.  I wasn't quite sure whether to believe her.  Then Quinn said that on the way to his Business Studies class, he got to talk to the NZ Prime Minister, John Key.  The PM was in town, he visited the School for Young Parents, opened the Health Centre at the Polytechnic, and visited JPC, to talk to the Business Studies students.
Esplanade Reserve, Steep Street Reserve, and Boyd's Beach
The Summer weather has turned the temperature up, and most afternoons we have been going to the lake fo a swim.  Even though the clouds threatened rain and thunderstorms, we decided to have a BBQ dinner at Lake Okereka.  I surprised myself by swimming all the way to Boyd's beach, following the 6 bouys from Steep Street Reserve.  Erik kept me company, for which I was grateful.  Previously, the furthest I had swum was to the 4th bouy, so a major achievement for me.
Esplanade Reserve
Later, Tighe and Quinn dragged me along to the Esplanade Reserve, which is where Gina likes to take them.  The drop-off is very close to the shore, and Tighe loves to see how deep he can go.
Erik and Oscar played cricket, and Anneke swam with another girl her age, that she just met in the Lake.

It didn't rain, and and it stayed hot.  Anneke cooked the sausages on the BBQ provided, and they were perfect with bread and tomato sauce.  Next time, the urchins suggested we make pikelets on the hot plate. 

Watermelon for dessert, and we watch the sun show off the curious domes and crevices on Mt Tararewa.


No comments:

Post a Comment