02 September, 2014

Snorkelling - a different world

Snorkelling the coral reef is relaxing and refreshing.  I come out of the water feeling restored.
 Pure escapism.  Warm tropical waters, sun on my back, a mysterious world below.
It's quiet, just me and the fish.  Each movement with the current is a new discovery, in a beautiful magical world.
Snorkelling close to shore, the coral is damaged by those walk on it, but the fish still eat it.
 The fish are friendly.  A Rainbow wrasse bit me, cheeky fish. I didn't have any food for them.
Parrot fish
I find the experience mediative.  The clicking of the fish eating the coral, the gentle current tugging and pulling, no need to think, just enjoy the beauty.
 There is no advertising, no internet, no telephones.  Once my head is under the water, nature is in control.  The colours are inspiring, the shapes of the coral intriguing.  Discovering another fish is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment